Visa Approved, Form 221g Admin Processing Questions & Answers

Hi @Harish779

This is really new. I have not heard of any such scenario before where US embassy is asking for such encounters while approving visa.

Not declaring food items is considered a petty thing. Are you sure it was only about food items?

These kind of cases may take more than 30 days at this time as US embassy will send this request to CBP for verification.

Hi Anil,

I think they doesn’t know why I paid the fine, So I was thinking they want to confirm what was the fine paid for?.

Hi @Harish779

It is possible that they are just doing the regular inquiry but this is something I have not heard of before.
If it was just about food items and you were allowed to enter US after paying fine, you should be fine and no need to worry.

Hi Anil,

It was definitely about food Items and I was allowed Immediately after paying the fine. So should I wait for another 30 days to expect something from Embassy?.

Sure @Anil.Gupta will do that!

Hi @Harish779

There is no other option for you than to wait at this time. It can take any number of days. 30 days is the average time that I have shared.

Thank you @Anil.Gupta. Also, is it a hard and fast rule to reach out to the consulate only after 60 working days of processing?

Hi @rpatel

There is no hard and fast rule here. But, if you reach them before 60 days, you will get the standard response that you need to wait.

Hi @Harish779
Did you mention this encounter in DS-160 form ? There is a question asking about any type of offenses I believe @Anil.Gupta

Hi @pkovel6

I don’t think that food item fine at port of entry is considered an offence that should be mentioned on DS160.

I am not sure though after hearing the above case.
Never heard of it before.

Hi @pkovel6,
I didn’t know that was an offense so I haven’t mentioned that in the DS-160 form.

1 Like

Thank you @Anil.Gupta I got my visa issued. I asked my lawyer to contact the consulate.

1 Like

Hi @rpatel

Congratulations. Welcome back to America.

Hi @Harish779, So is your issue finally resolved now ?

Hi @pkovel6,

Finally, I got my visa approved on June 24th. I am in US now.

1 Like

@Harish779 Good to hear. Must have been a relief. Congrats !!

HI Anil,

I attended visa interview for H1B in Hyderabad. My employer is the client for me. I’m going to
work for their own product. VO took my employer/client letter and LCA and returned my passport with 221G white slip with Additional administrative processing.

Interview Attended: July 23rd

Client verification through Email from KCCFPU : July 25th, 2019
Responded my employer for above email on: July 29th, 2019

Again Client verification through Email from KCCFPU : August 1st, 2019
Responded my employer for above email on: August 5th, 2019

There is no status update in CEAC. The date showing as interview date and AP only.

May I know how long this process will take?

Thanks,
Surya

Hi @Surya

This process can take anywhere between 30 days to 8 weeks.

Hi Anil,

I have gone through am22tech website and you have given your valuable suggestions to all the people. Looks like your suggestions will be very helpful to me.

I am also on the same boat who recently attended the H1 stamping in Mumbai Consulate on July 26th 2019. I carried all the documents but the VO did not ask my any documents except marriage certificate. And finally she gave me 221g (yellow slip) and blue slip to my wife.

I have sent all documents requested the following day and when I check the status its showing the application is under AP and the case created on July 25th 2019 and case updated on July 26th 2019.

I have again checked the status on August 10th 2019, its showing the application is under AP and the case was created on July 25th 2019 and case was updated on Aug 9th 2019.

So looks like they started processing the application. We are curious to know how long it gonna take to hear from them. Need your advise. Is there any way to expedite this??

Hi @Subhash_Polineni

Has the visa officer kept your passport or returned it?