221g blue slip and returned passport for client letter at Chennai

Hi Anil , thanks a lot for information. I landed LAX airport on Feb 12, immigration officer told me that as my passport expires on Jan 2021, they approved i94 till that date. What is the process to extend my I94 once I renew my passport. My h1b visa is valid till July 2022.

Congratulations and welcome to America.

Here are the options to extend your i94 after passport renewal:

Hi Anil, thanks a lot for sharing valuable information for each and every query that we post here. My I94 is going to expire on Jan 2021. My Visa is valid till July 2022.
Now in coming couple of months if i start my H1B transfer, is there any chance they deny the petition based on the I94 date, as it is going to expire soon?

Hi Anil,

I got 221g blue slip on 7-Feb-2020. I won’t be able to provide the requested docs as my employer is not able to get ‘Client Letter’ from client.
Will my H1b get cancelled if I fail to provide docs within one year of 221g issuance.

Thanks and Regards
Kulwant

1 Like

It depends on what visa officer decides. I cannot guess it but chances are high for denial if you can’t submit what officer has requested.

thanks for your reply Anil.
Can I apply for visa interview with same employer but different client against the same approved H1b petition.

@Kulwantsingh86 did you get any update on your visa? I am on the same page. Would appreciate your response due of COVID, I am not sure how timelines could vary.

@anil_am22 i have seen you are providing great responses for all h1b questions. Do you know the response time for a case where someone received 221g, passport is returned and asking for client letter in 2021? I have seen usually it’s taking 4-5 weeks but have you heard from anyone recently if it’s taking more time than that due to COVID? Your response would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

@sowmya_reddy2 I let the time for 221g (one year) pass; and I applied for Amendment/Extension after one year, under the cap exempt category.