Acs deducted 4 years even when bachelor of technology is ICT major

Hi.

I got my ACS assessment result today. From my overall experience, 4 years got reduced. Following are the details.

My Bachelor’s degree has been assessed with Major in computing (
Your Bachelor of Technology from xxxx University completed May 2012 has been
assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a Major in computing)

and my nominated occupation is 261313( software engineer) and all my employment period has been assessed successfully.

My employment start date is Nov 22, 2012 but my occupation after 21 November 2016 is considered relevant.

Could you please help me understand why 4 years got reduced to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to ANZSCO Code 261313 (Software Engineer). ?

The following employment after 21 November 2016 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to ANZSCO Code 261313 (Software Engineer).

Dates: 11/12 - 03/17 - 4 year(s) 4 month(s)
Positon: Associate
Employer: xxxx
Dates: 03/17 - 07/18 - 1 year(s) 3 month(s)
Position: Consultant
Dates: 07/18 - 10/19 - 1 year(s) 4 month(s)
Position: System Analyst

Thanks
Tinku John Varghese

I am not sure why ACS has deducted 4 years here. You should email them and ask for clarification.

Thanks @Anil.Gupta I have sent an email to ACS seeking clarification.

Hello Tinku,

The same with my case too. It’s expected for me since I’ve completed BTech in Electronics and communication engineering; but job is as Software Tester. So they deducted 4 years of experience. If my BTech is in Computer science, I believe they would have deducted only 2 years.

For me, it didn’t matter since the total experience is 15+.

Thanks, Ratheesh P D.

I got a similar reply from ACS. My Btech course don’t have database related subjects but I am currently working as a ETL developer.

Hi @tjohn
I’m also planning to apply for ACS skill assessment and working as ETL developer for last 9 years, could you please let me know which ANZSCO code you had applied for and what was the assessment result you received ?