ACS Negative Assessment after being positive earlier

Hi Anil,

I got a positive assessment for ANZSCO Code 263111 (Computer Network
and Systems Engineer) for my skills on Dec 2019.

With my experience they accessed 9 months for Company A and
For Company B for the rest of 3 months they said Not Closely Related to the Nominated ANZSCO

On 22 Jan, I have applied for a review with additional documents for Company B to get assessed for the rest 3 months so that I can claim 5 points for experience and now they are saying that my skills are not related to ANZSCO Code 263111 (Computer Network
and Systems Engineer) and giving recommendation to apply for ICT Support Engineer, Can ACS do this way?

What are the chances of getting positive if I go for an appeal as I already had a positive assessment on the first instance for my skills?

Can you provide me with any suggestions

Thanks
Rakesh

The chances are high that ACS will give you the negative report once again.

It is better to go by what they are suggesting as they recently changed their rules in December 2019 and they have made it pretty strict these days.

Hi Anil,

Thank you for the response. If I go for an appeal and if there is an negative outcome can I still use their suggestion and apply another assessment for ICT Support Engineer then? The only issue is if I leave the ANZSCO Code 263111 (Computer Network
and Systems Engineer) I am not eligible to apply for 189 Visa.

Thanks
Rakesh

1 Like

I don’t think you would be able to appeal second time.

You should write an escalation email to Andrew.Johnson at acs.org.au mentioning all facts. ACS has started money laundering practice and don’t listen to their applicants at all!

Hi @rakhi9494,
How did you go with your assessment? Did you hear back?
Thanks

Hello,

My ACS assessment expired for Systems Analyst and I applied for another one so my invitation stays validated.

ACS responded with the following letter:

The following qualifications do not meet the ACS suitability criteria:

Your Bachelor of Business in Information Systems Management from Victoria University completed
August 2016 has been assessed as not recognized and therefore does not meet the requirements of
the ACS as stated in the policy manual.
Your Diploma of Business from ZBA completed July 2014 has been assessed as not recognized and
therefore does not meet the requirements of the ACS as stated in the policy manual.
Your Certificate IV in Business Administration from ZBA completed November 2013 has been
assessed as not recognized and therefore does not meet the requirements of the ACS as stated in
the policy manual.

All of these has previously been recognised by ACS. Is there anything I can do in this case to get my study recognised?

Thank You
Rish

Hi @Rish

You should ask ACS about why the education has been deemed unsuitable now when it was considered suitable earlier.

I also had similar incident, there is no clear answer from ACS. have you got corrected to ANZSCO Code 263111 ?