ACS skills assessment ‘AFTER’ Start Date

Hi Anil,

Please find the ACS assessment comment for my profile.

"The following employment after June 2011 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 263111 "

I had applied EOI on 15-June-2019 but i have kept my relevant experience starting from 01-July-2011 in the application according to the advise i got.
Today I read one of your articles “acs-work-experience-after-month-calculation”
and now I understand I should have used 15-June-2011 as start date.

Am i correct or missing something? Also i couldn’t find any ACS document explaining the above points.

( Asking this question as i had a gap of 1 month in my experience till now and i would have got my 15 points by this month and not wait for next month)

Thanks and you are doing a great help with this forum.

-Tom

You can use the start date as June 15, if ACS letters mentions ‘After June 2011’.

If the gap month is after June 2011, then ACS must have not counted it in the individual period that they mention.

You should also not claim the gap period in your EOI if ACS has not counted it as ‘relevant’.

1 Like

If the gap month is after June 2011, then ACS must have not counted it in the individual period that they mention. – Yes. ACS did not count.

You should also not claim the gap period in your EOI if ACS has not counted it as ‘relevant’ - . Sure, I am not claiming that gap period.

Hi Anil,

1. I got my skill assessment result last week for 261313 ANZSCO. I am an electrical engineer with 12 years of IT experience starting June 2007. I was expecting 4 years to be deducted. To my surprise, ACS has deducted total 6 year and says experience after 17 July 2013 is considered to equate.

For my husband who has B tech in Computer engineering with 261313 ANZSCO code skill assessment, total 4 years have been deducted.

I am pretty surprised as I was expecting 4 years to be cut for non computer science degree and 2 years otherwise.

1. Skill assessment report says" Following employment after 17 July 2013 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant ANZSCO code 261313. "

Question - What employment start date can I mention in EOI. Will it be 17 July 2013 or later ? Also while filing EOI I have to mention only employment after 17 july 2013 ? Or I should mention all my employment from year 2007 on wards.

1. I am primary applicant. My husband has got skill assessment but not English score. Can I update EOI for partner points later?

2. As of now I have 75 points…do you suggest filing state nomination to increase points to 80. Seems NSW has put a requirement for Australian work experience now…so I think Victoria( Melbourne ) should be the next available option.

Looking forward to your valuable advise. Thanks in advance.

Has anyone else faced similar situation recently.

Hi @RAGINI

ACS Years deduction

It seems ACS has only deducted 4 years from your electrical engineer degree as the rule is to check last 10 years. I can only say this based on limited information you have shared.

Start date in EOI

You should write the start date as 17 July 2013 in your Australia EOI. You cannot claim any work experience before 17 July 2013 as ‘relevant’.

Update Spouse Points

You can update your spouse points in EOI as and when his English language test score is available.

State Nomination

I suggest to select state too in your EOI to increase your chances of invite. With 75 points and date of effect as July 2019, you are looking at around Dec 2019 to get an invite for 2613.

Hi Anil,
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback.

1. you are correct…I had missed the ten year rule .my work experience start date is 2007 so I was thinking valid experience date will fall in 2011
  2. so in eoi…I should claim experience starting only July 2013 onward…as the page says last 10 years experience.
    My understanding is that experience from the skill assessment letter and from the after date July 2013 should be updated in EOI…please confirm
  3. Please advise best state to file state nomination for for 261313 software engineer.i think for now…I do not meet requirement as I have no work experience in NSW location.

Additionally please help to advise for state nomination(visa 190), can I apply directly on the state’s site or I should first receive an invitation to apply an EOI for that state?

You have to file your EOI using the Australia SkillSelect system and then state will send you nomination if they wan to invite you.

There is no separate process for state until you get an invite from state.

You should use the start date mentioned in ACS letter as the start date in your EOI. Do not write or claim points for time which ACS has not marked as relevant.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Where is primary or secondary applicant marked in Australia EOI?