Addresses on Online application form and Annexure E

Hello, Anil (@anil_am22),

I have put an Indian address as to be printed and one US address (Uncle’s permanent address) in the Online application form. I am using my resident address in Annexure E and Affidavit for change in appearance forms. My address proof (license) has also the same Annexure E address.

So, Is it okay to have a different address, or do I need to fill another Online application form?

FYI, I have already submitted through VFS and paid the fees.

Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

The Annexure E and Affidavit for change in appearance and signature should have the address you reside at here - so u are fine there. For India address to be printed in passport you just have to provide proof of address in India . As long as you sent that, you should be fine.

1 Like

Thank you Bhakti for your response.

I was a bit worried so I called to VFS helpdesk in the morning and they suggested to fill another Online application form. I have also asked for a refund for my current application.
FYI, I haven’t sent my documents yet.

Now, I am going to put my residence address as a US address in Online application form (Other address section). And I believe I don’t have to give Indian address proof since my old passport has the same address on it. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you!

Hi Bhakti!!

Is there a specific format or anything for notarized undertaking ? I need to send that for my mothers indian passport renewal from USA ! And I have put my mothers indian address on the application form online ( address to be printed on passport and same address on other address details)

Hi Jayshree, I’m not sure I understand your question. The norization has to be done by notary. They will follow their procedure to notarize your documents. I do know you have to provide an India address and a US address in online form - See VFS document check list where it clearly states so.

1 Like

On VFS checlist, its contradictory, its says it can be same india address as well on both fields!

Maybe u can send them a message on Twitter- that is the fastest way to get a response from them

I have the same issue. I mentioned Indian address on both columns in the application to be printed on the passport but I mentioned my US address in Annexure E and affidavit for change of appearance/signature form. I am going to send the proofs for both addresses since it is contradictory in the checklist.
Do you have any update on the issue?

Yes so i sent the proof for both address! I dont have any update on it but when i called vfs , they said that should not be an issue so hoping that it should be fine!

Great! Thanks for the update. I hope that should not be an issue as long as they have proofs for both.

Hi Parisha, I wanted to check in with you to see if there was any issue. I have Indian address to be printed on my both columns in my application and no US address. But I have US address proof for the delivery address for Fedex. so should I mention US address for Annexure E and affidavit for change in appearance ad signature?

This would be more updated insight on this.

Thank you for contacting the VFS Indian Visa, Passport, & OCI Application Center Help Desk in the United States.

We understand that you have a query related to the document checklist.

We would like to inform you that on Annexure E and on the Affidavit for Change in Appearance and Signature, you are requested to mention the US address.

In case of further assistance, please feel free to reply to the same email, or you may contact us at +1 800 320 9625, and we will be glad to assist you.

1 Like

hello I have no proof of address for the address in India, it is a general address for my father’s family. I have resided in the US all my life and previously they have always used the same Indian address that has always been on the passport. For my last passport renewal, I don’t even see the Indian address listed there. On the previous renewal, it was hand written in; address in India and address residing here in the US. Thank you.