After 140 approved - Case was sent to department of state

My I-140 was approved on 4th Mar’22. But today I received notification from case tracker saying that “Case was Sent to the Department of State”

"We sent your case, receipt number xxxxx, to the department of State for visa processing. You can find general information on Consular Processing by visiting our website…and so on so)

what is that meaning? anybody came across this situation.

Thanks,
Veer

Consult your employer’s immigration attorney. Looks like they might have requested consular processing (pg.2, Part 4. Processing Information, box 1a checked in the I-140) instead of adjustment of status (box 2a).

1 Like

Hi Kalpesh,
Thanks for your reply. Here is my current status.
My H1B max out date was 02Nov2021.But I left the USA on OCT 16th,2021.
My PD is 07/07/2021.I got my PERM approved on 19/01/2022.
also my I140 approved on March 4th,2022.This is a first I140 for me.So there is no Adjustment of status in my case. Now my employer applied LCA and H1B extension (non-cap). Is that reason my I-140 status changed as above?

Also next question is, There are two dependent H4 visas(spouse and kid)for me. My kid is 14yrs old now.
My immigration team suggest that I apply through the dropbox to get visa stamping for all three us. Is it wise to apply for us together or should we create seperate profiles for everyone of us? Is it necessary for my kid to appear in person? because his previous visa (but same catageory) stamped before his 14th birth day.

Thanks,
Veer

You may add your dependents in your profile or create individual, your choice.

All of you may qualify for IW if you previously hold US visa.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/important-announcement-on-waivers-of-the-interview-requirement-for-certain-nonimmigrant-visas.html

1 Like

Thanks Kalpesh.

Thanks,
veer