Application of H4 EAD

Hi ,
My spouse who is in India currently have H4 visa stamped with my previous employer and valid for another 2 years.
I have changed my employer in USA now. if she comes to USA now and we have to apply for H4-EAD, does her H4 needs to be transferred to my new employer or we can apply for her H4-EAD directly . (She had an active EAD previously which expired in March 2024)


There is no need for H4 transfer as H4 is not tied to any employer.

1 Like