Application Rejected - Wrong Jurisdiction

I received below email from complaint_indiaus@vfsglobal.com yesterday

your package has been received at the VFS application Centre. Our current processing times are longer than usual. Your application will be reviewed with 48-72 business hours. You are requested to track the status of your application after 2-3 business days

Did you receive this @ankita11190. I wonder if they are processing the return.

No i havent recieved anything yet.

Is there any update for you @Sreeram_Reddy

I received my application back to me today @ankita11190

Around a week. Also figured out the reason for rejection. I logged into my previously registered account at Indian govt passport website. Unfortunately, they ask for the embassy location only at the time of registration which I did many years back.
We have re-register with a different email address for the new application.

1 Like

Hi, I had the similar issue can you please let me know how it is resolved ?

Hi, I had the similar issue can you please let me know how did you resloved?

Had to reapply. Still yet to receive the refund. Credit card dispute is in progress.

Thanks for the response.Was it a mistake from Indian embassy, I’m unable to figure out where the mistake was.Have you filled out a new application.

Hello, I have the same issue. So after my documents are returned, can I use the notarized documents again to send the new application? Or do I need to get new notarized documents? Also, do we need to apply for refund or it automatically gets refunded? Thanks in advance.

for people here, how many days did it take for you to get the application sent back to you? I am in the same situation as described. I want to reapply but haven’t received the application back since nearly10 days

Hi All,

I have the exact same problem. Registered with the wrong jurisdiction so received an email with the details. It says I have to log in and create a new application but it is asking for the rejected application ARN number rather than the one I created with the right jurisdiction. So should I reapply everything new? Does the previous notarized documents be used for the new application?

Hello Tushar,

I got the same response even I’m in Ohio and vfs said it has to send the application to NY. How do we resolve this? Can you please help me out if possible?

Thanks

Hello Riteesha,

Even I have same problem, they received my documents on 8th and I got rejection notice on 9th March.
Any idea how long will they take to send back all of the documents?

I think it took less than a week. I received a message an email saying that my rejected packet is dispatched on the day of rejection. Probably a day or two.

The only thing I didn’t receive is my refund for the rejected application till now. It has been 2 months.

All applications from the state of Ohio need to be sent to NY. You need to update that while registering in the first place.

I know it is so annoying and frustrating. I just hope they send my documents back soon. It has already been 2 days since rejection.

Hi Narayanan, Did you received your documents back to your home?

So you got your documents back with in 2 days? Also did you re-applied? if so, did you used the same Notary docs?