Automatic Visa Revalidation Question

Hope somebody can help me with the question below.

My wife and I are currently in the United States on H4 and H1B visas, respectively. We have a valid Canadian visitor visa and would like to visit Canada for a period of seven days before returning to the US. While I have a valid H1B visa stamped in my passport until 2025, my wife only has an approved I-797 form and an I-94 valid until 2025. Although my wife has completed a DS-160 form and paid the fees for a dropbox appointment in India, she has not scheduled or appeared for an interview yet. We are wondering if we can use the Automatic Revalidation (AVR) process to re-enter the United States. Do you have any information on this?

Automatic Visa ReValidation (AVR - Within 30 days Canada, Mexico) - USA Automatic Visa ReValidation (AVR - Within 30 days Canada, Mexico) - USA

Hello Anil, Thank you for your response. I have read the article that you mentioned, but I am still unsure whether paying the visa fees and filling out the DS160 application is considered a pending visa application. Could you please clarify this for me? Thank you.

It does not. As long as you have not appeared for interview and submitted passport, you should be allowed to use visa auto revalidation.

1 Like

I wanted to provide an update on our recent border crossing into Canada and back, which went smoothly without any issues. However, it’s worth noting that if your online I-94 isn’t up-to-date(If you only have I-94 attached to the approved I-797), you’ll be directed to undergo a secondary verification process. During this process, a new I-94 will be issued before you’re allowed to enter. The officer also mentioned that as long as our I-94 is updated online, we shouldn’t have to go through this process again in the future. Thank you Anil!!

1 Like