B2 Visa extension due to cononavirus?

Hi @dreamyone.

Thanks for your quick response. Have you applied for an extension of another 6 months, which would add up to a total extension of 1 year? We are also planning to apply for another extension… just giving it a chance really. We will also send similar documents as you have sent. Frankly the situation back in India has worsened from what it was 6 months back. I hope that would prove to be a factor in their decision.

All the best to you with your application. Will let you know what happened with ours.

Thanks!

Hi @dreamyone

Has there been an update on your mom’s application?

We have received an approval on our I539 application. We are now planning to send another application for extension.

Thanks
ishreena

Hi Ngautam,

We received an approval on our application and are now planning to apply for another extension.

What have you planned? Did you apply again?

Thanks
ishreena

Hi IShreena,

We got the approval as well and we will also apply. I have heard from other forums that they approve it second time also but the people who had their approval done applied in July/August when there were travel restrictions. Someone called USCIS and they apparently told them to apply (in july/august something like that). We are hoping they will approve it now also.

Fingers crossed. Thank you for following up. Good Luck.

Ngautam

Thanks Ngautam. All the best for your application!

rgds

Hi
My parents came to US in dec2019, applied b2 extension on April 2020 until dec 2020 , biometrics done. Both are senior citizens in high risk category to travel during this time. Can we apply second extension to stay few more months.

anil_am22 SINCERE THANKS for spearheading this thread

hey dreamyone @ishreena @Ngautam my aunts B2 visa first extension bio-metrics scheduled on Nov 27th 2020 - Her initial stay was granted till June 2020 now if this gets approved it will be till Dec 25th 2020

Am planning to extend it one more time like you guys

Need advice or your opinion/suggestion here

Can i file the second extension as soon as am done with the Bio Metrics on Nov 27th 2020 ?

Or should i wait for the approval and then file ?

The only catch is she has just 30 more days left on her current 1 year max out hence the confusion

PLEASE ADVICE as soon as possible

thank you

Hi Sangesh_Parameswaran , we waited until they sent the approval. For us it was less than 45 days before the expiry of the visa when we sent the new application. No response or charge on the credit card yet. Our decision to wait till approval was based on information here and in other online forums but no one is exactly sure, i think, on what is the correct thing to do right now.

Best regards and good luck.

Ngautam

Thank you and few questions here

1. How long it took for the approval to come after bio metrics ?

2. Validity period of the first extension -
    was it full 6 months ?

My mother’s I-94 expired on June 30th and we files for her extension well in time. A couple of questions:

1. We have booked her flight in Dec (her 6 months of stay expires)
  2. What happens if we decide for her to stay beyond the 6 months of timeframe
  3. We haven’t received the biometric appointment for her yet. How long does it take for extension to get approved after the biometrics appointment?
  4. Will she be eligible to stay here for another 6 months if her visa gets approved (i.e Dec to June 2021)?