My Mom came to US in Feb 2020 with her return ticket for 25.June.2020. Her i94 expires in july 2020. Currently India has restricted its air space for international flights. And there is no official news of when they are going to allow international flights.
Also with this COVID-19 situation I am very scared for my mom to travel to India. She stays in one of the worst hit city in India.
I am planning to apply for her B2 visa extension (i-539 application) online.
Have few queries regarding it.
Is there a format of supporting explanation letter which I can use for her application ?
How do I show that she is financially independent ? She has her savings in India and files IT return every year. But nothing of this sort in USA.
Do I need to submit her current return ticket (25.june.2020) aong with the application ?
I have heard that it might take more than 6 months for USCIS to adjudicate her application. What happens if she travels back before a decision is made but after expiry of her current i-94 (july 2020) ?
What happens if she travel back before decision is made and afterwards her application of extension is denied ? Would she had overstayed (after i94 expiry till her departure) ?
Would she face any issues for her travel to US in the future ?
It would be very helpful if you could share your thoughts on these.
My in-law are aged above 60 years old both of them and are staying in states.
We have filed extension of their visa B2 and waiting for the result , they might get for another 6 months which ends by this August and I’m stuck in India can’t travel from the city I’m in this covid scenario.
Having said that we don’t want them also to travel to India and end up in a bad scenario with their health and condition has anyone taken extension of B2 more than an year ! During this covid scenario
I am in a similar situation wherein my parents are here with us and we requested for their I94 to be extended until mid Nov but would like to extend it further. Did you apply for another I539 extension for your in-laws? Did it get accepted?
We applied a B2 extension for my mom in March 2020 and we got notification on Oct 28 that it got approved until Sept 24 2020. We did not apply for another extension yet. Can I apply today Oct 29 2020?
Note: The British Airways we booked originally (with return ticket) is still not operating.
Hi @leo_vinod : Did you apply for extension for your mom, we were iin the same boat, and i got approval till 11/07 that we recieved today, and my mom flight is on 11/25. Did you mom travelled back with out an issue
My mom entered united states in July 2020, her I-94 expiry date was in Jan 2021. In november 2020 We have requested to extend her stay and received biometrics appointment today. We are planning to go for biometrics appointment and also planning to extend her stay for 6 more months. Can we do this? Is it legal or will this create any issues in the future.
If yes what is the process. Should we re-apply for form I-539? Kindly help.