B2 visa extension

Yes.

Answer is NO for B2 applicant.

Hi Kalpesh,

Is there a specific amt we need to show of indian bank acc? Or anything is fine for B2 visa extension?

1. can i upload my US bank statement as well but my mothers name is not there on US bank account?

Normally it is the sponsorā€™s bank account unless the visitor had submitted I134 on behalf of self.

There is no specific amount that I am aware of but there shoild be reasonable balance to prove you can support the visitor financially till the duration of stay.

Thanks Kalpesh! Sorry i am still not understanding, my mom has not filled any I134 form, can I just submit my US bank acc statement without i134 form? Or just indian bank acc statement is good?

I would just submit the US account statement along with I134.

Thanks Kalpesh ! So for i134 do I need to go to the bank and get the statement from Bank officer? Or can i just upload my bank statements as i am filing I539 form online.

As they are asking for certified statement, you can walk-in/call to your bank and they should be able to provide a certified statement.

Didnā€™t you go through all these before when inviting and sponsoring your parent? I134 is one of the documents required for the visitor when they go for B2 visa stamping.

Yes , it was 7 years back when she got B2 visa of 10 yrs . Now i am just applying for extension so not sure if I134 is needed or not?

Hi Anil, can you pls reply if i need to attach I134 for filing B2 visa extension?

It is better to attach it.

You can get the bank account verification letter online or get it mailed.

Hi Anil,
i have filed my moms i539 for B2 visa extension online and waiting for the reply for the next step , but her i94 is going to expire on oct 17th so how long can she stay after i94 expiry while waiting for update on the extension filed in august month?

As long you filed extension before current i94 expiry, you can stay in the US.

Hi Anil,

Do you know if i can again apply for my mothers passport renewal from here second time? Last yr they renew only for one year and then i applied for B2 visa extension and is pending now but i am actually worried abt this new virus so should i apply fr the passport again now then apply fr more 6 months of b2 visa extension? My mother has come to US in april 2021 and in Aug i applied extension till April and if i can get new passport, can i apply for 6 more months till oct 2022? Is it possible to stay for 1 and half year total ?

These are two separate issues.

Indian government should be able to issue the passport as long as your status is legal. They donā€™t care about how much time you have spent on B1/B2.

As far as USCIS is concerned, the chances of rejection of B1/B2 extension are high since its difficult to prove why they have not left the US when their were flights available.

You can file for an extension but its risky as per my opinion.

Okay but because of the new cases i was scared to send wch i hv mentioned in my first extension letter to USCIS but i am still hearing the rising number of cases in india again so still unsure if I shud send her?

HI Kalpesh, i Have already filed for my mothers b2 visa extension and waiting to hear for the approval but i hear that cases are rising again in india so can we file for more extension? And my mothers passport is expiring in may so can we get extension based on the situation for the new virus if the passport is also expiring?

Anil seems to have replied already. I donā€™t think expiring passport can be used as reason to extend B2 stay as it can be renewed here in the US and can be used to travel.
While you can apply for B2 extension multiple times, its up to USCIS to approve or deny.

1 Like

Hi no i am not applying extension due to passport issue, i am applying for extension due to rising cases in india again, my question is can i apply for B2 visa extension for 6 more months even though the passport is expiring in may month? Will USCIS be okay with expiry date of may if i am applying for 6 more months extension from april to OCT?

Passport need to be valid beyond the extension. Renew the passport first and then apply.

1 Like