B2 Visa for Parents Dropbox Documentation

My parent B2 visa renewal drop-box appointment is confirmed.
Can anyone list out the documents needed to submit. As per the appointment confirmation document, all i could see is

1. Confirmation Page
  2. DS-160
  3. Photo
  4. All prior Passports
  5. Old Visa Copy
    Do they have to carry/submit any other document?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi, please share your dropbox submission experience.
The only docs needed to be submitted for renewing B1/B2 via Dropbox are: DS-160 confirmation copy, visa appointment letter, original passports, original 2x2 photos?
The more i read the more confused i get. Do we really need to carry all the other supporting docs (Invitation letter, bank statements, other proofs, etc.)?

It is upto you to prove that person has sufficient finance to travel to the US.

Now, it is upto you submit the sponsorship letters or not.

There is no fixed list provided by US embassy. They have left it on applicant’s judgement.

Hi Anil, Thanks for your reply.
I understand the onus is on us to prove. However, for dropbox sumbission would they even accept any additional supporting documents? …I read somewhere they dont.

This is for my parents and i dont want to confuse them with additional documents, or have them try to collect other supporting docs if those are not needed. They are old and not easy for them…so just trying to find out for sure if supporting docs would even be accepted…

For Dropbox, there is a list of required documents. You will find that in the Appointment Confirmation letter.

However, there’s no guarantee that applicants may not be called subsequently for PI. If they get their Visa through dropbox - great. Else, it’s best to be ready with all relevant and anticipated docs, in case they are called at short notice.

As Anil mentioned, there’s no specific list for PIs provided by US consulate/embassy.

1 Like