B2 Visitor Visa extension 2nd time due to Corona virus

Hi Team,

My mother-in-law came to US from India in visitor visa-B2 on June 11th 2019. We had applied extension which was approved till April 10th 2020 and her flight is on April 10 as well. Due to COVID-19 issue, that flight is cancelled and Indian ministry of health has recommended not to travel.

In USCIS website they had mentioned below in “Special Situation” page.

When applying for an extension or change of status due to a special situation that prevented your planned and timely departure, we may take into consideration how the special situation prevented your departure. If you do not apply for the extension or change of status before your authorized period of admission expires, we may excuse the delay if it was due to extraordinary circumstances beyond your control.”

Shall we apply for another extension for 3 to 4 more months till this COVID-19 issue been resolved. If so, wondering till when shall we apply extension as she will crossing more than a year stay in US in next 2 months.

Tough we request for 3 to 4 months extension, actually our plan is to send her back to India as soon as this issue is resolved.

Any suggestion on this is very much appreciated.

You can apply for another B2 visa extension as you do not have any other option at this time.

I suggest to request for another 6 month extension and use the sample letter given here.

Thank you for the update, Anil.
As per my understanding, maximum time a person can live in US on B2 visa is 1 year. Tough we extend the stay by applying another Extension due to COVID-19, will it be any problem if we stay more than a year in US. She is elderly person hence we are little concerned.

I cannot say if there will be a problem or not. Even if there will be a problem, it won’t be bigger than a person’s life.

Can you send her back now forcefully if you think there will be a visa issue in future? Think logically.

Coronavirus is a life and death situation.

Hello,
My mother came to USA with a B2 visa and had her i-94 expire on 05/24/2020. We applied for i-539 and we are still awaiting a response from USCIS. We requested extension until 10/31/2020. She was scheduled to fly back to India on 10/25/2020, but now her flight is cancelled.
with the ongoing Coronavirus situation in India, I dont think its safe for her to travel back home.
My question is:

• Can I request for another 6 month extension with a new i-539? I am a US Citizen
  • If I cannot apply for another i-539 while it is still pending, can I apply for i-485 for her Green Card since she is already here?

Hello

My mother is currently in USA since november 2019. We applied for 6 months extension in April as her tickets were cancelled.

She is 82 years and had a bypass and comes under high risk category.

We received a biometric appointment on October 8th. Can we go ahead and apply for one more extension considering the risk of traveling . Please advice .

Hi, anyone of you got any update on 2nd time extension. Please share your solutions if you have any as many of us are in the same situation now and looking for help.