Biometrics for I-485 - Yellow/Orange warning

Has anyone experienced Biometrics Fingerprints got orange/yellow warning for some fingers?

1 Like

Did they say anything about it at the biometric center about what could be wrong?

Yes, I had my Biometrics on the 15th of Jan for I-485 EAD/AP application and 3 fingers had the orange sign which said “fingerprint mismatch” The staff there tried multiple times by wiping the fingers again and again but still did not clear. She said its alright since majority of the fingers were fine. It happens sometimes the prints get blur due to over usage or the growth of the lines. It’s fine most of the time. But if they want you to come back again for some reason you will receive a 2nd biometric invitation if need be.

Hope we receive the approval and get the card soon. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Received our EAD/AP combo card on Feb 5th. What a relief!

1 Like

Hi,

May I ask what your original submission date was for the I-485 EAD/AP application?

My wife and I had our applications submitted back in November 2020 and gave our biometrics on January 21st and yet we are still waiting for the approval and our combo cards to be mailed.

Thanks.

Hello, Our application was submitted on Oct/Nov 2020. We received our EAD on Feb 5th

Thanks for the response.

I’m jealous. We’ve been waiting for 5.5 months and seriously don’t understand why it still hasn’t been approved yet.

Which service center did yours get submitted to?

California Service center