Case status shows "Case was sent to the department of state"

Hi Anil,

My H1-B extension denied around April 2019 so i came back to India.

My employer initiated Perm and I140 both are approved and the current case status shows “Case was sent to the department of state”.

Almost a month system shows the same status. What will be the next stage? and can they file extension with approved I140. What are the possibilities of getting visa extension.

Please advise.

Hi @anonymous

I do not understand your question here.

Are you saying that your H1B extension has been filed after i140 approval and then the status shows “Case was sent to department of state”?

If yes, then H1B extension approval depends on the paperwork filed by your employer.

What was the reason of H1b denial earlier? Is it the same employer who has filed the extension again?
Is it the same job position that extension has been filed for?

Hi Anil,

Thank you for your reply. My employer didn’t file the extension yet.

I140 got approved on January last week.

After that the case status shows
"On January 30, 2020, we sent your case, Receipt Number SRC*******, to the Department of State for visa processing. You can find general information on Consular Processing by visiting our website at www.uscis.gov .

The website will provide information on what to do next, who to contact, and how to inform us of any changes in your situation or address".

So i wanted to check what this status refers to.

Also what will be the next stage. And I would like to check at what stage my case ready for filing extension.

You are still not clear.

Are you seeing this status for your i140 application? Who told you that your i140 is approved?