Chance of invite 261314 software tester - 2019 Archive

Hi Anil,

I am thinking to apply for EOI with 70 points (65+5) 190 visa, Victoria as a software tester in May end.
What would be my chances of getting the invitation?
Kindly mention the expected timelines too if you think I should go ahead with this score.

Thanks in advance

Ravneet

Chances are very low for an invite with 70 points for software tester in Victoria.

Thanks Anil for the quick reply

Hi Anil @Anil.Gupta

We applied for EOI with 75 points, 190 visa, as a software tester (261314) on May 2018.

The EOI expiring in 12/12/2019.
No response yet, What would be the chances of getting the invitation?

Thanks in advance

Hi @Rafs

Chances of state invite (190) cannot be defined as states do not share any data. You can try 189 visa as that has better chances for you.

But with 189 the points would reduce to 70. But Post Nov it might add 5 for Spouse. But with the EOI expiring on Dec 12th 2019.

Should we wait and file a new EOI in Jan 2020. What would you suggest in the scenario below

1. Male - Software Engineer 261313, Age 44, 10+ years experience, English 10 points
  2. Spouse - Software Tester 261314, Age 38, 8 years experience, English 10 points

Really appreciate your responses and your guidance. Thanks a ton for all your help.

Regards

Hi @Rafs

I still suggest to submit 189.

Thanks Anil advice taken, will go with filing 189 in Jan 2020 once the current EOI expires.

Between 261313 and 261314, does one hold better chances than the other ?

The quota for 189 is decreasing by almost 50% post Nov.

Regards

Hi Rafs,

I think you can still log one more eoi for 189 even now. Its not necessary that you can have only one eoi. The advantage you get if you create now is that you would be 4-5 months ahead in queue for 189 as compared to that in Jan2020.

1 Like

Hi @Rafs

All category codes starting with 2613 have same chance at this time. I agree with @adc that you should edit your EOI and allow 189 option too.

Hi Anil,

But currently 189 is not applicable for 261314 correct ?

Regards,
Sujitha

Hello Anil,

What are the chances of invite for Software Tester-261314 with 80 points in Subclass 190 after November changes including State nomination?

PS. I’d be submitting EOI before 16th November, 2019. Please suggest the invitation information accordingly.

Hi @nav_08

State invites cannot be estimated as they do not share any data publicly. Sorry.

Thanks @Anil.Gupta for the quick reply. Could you please confirm, what would be the chance for PR invitation if i have 75 points in Subclass 190 after November changes.

Chances of invite seem low with 75 points from state at this time.

We’ve few doubts regarding Visa 190. We’ve submitted our EOI for Subclass 190 in this month with 75+ 5 (State sponsorship) points.

Primary applicant is my wife (31 years)
ANZSCO code : 261314 (Software Tester)

Criteria Points Bracket Skilled – Nominated (Subclass 190) (Permanent)

Age points : 30
English Language Ability Superior : 20
Level of educational
qualification attained : 15
State/Territory Nomination : 5
Years of experience in
Years of experience in a Nominated
Occupation Equal to 4 Years
(it will be 5 years in March 2020) : 5
Partner Skills Primary Applicant Partner : 5

Total points : 80

With this points, can we apply 190 Visa for all States especially NSW, SA, WA and VIC etc. The present EOI is submitted for VIC only. Do we need to submit for all States separately ?

Also we’ve heard that there is very less chance to get invitation for Software Tester skillset. Even if get invite, there is a chance of rejection in future. Is that true ? So should we go for another ACS skill assessment for Software Engineer (261313).

I’ve done my skill assessment for System Test Engineer and I hope, I would be able to contribute 5 points after 16-Nov change with that.

Thanks in advance, Ratheesh P D.

Hi @ratheeshpd

The number of invites for software tester have reduced in recent years.

It is better to move to Software Engineer if you can.

You can select ‘all’ state option in your SkillSelect EOI.

1 Like

Thank you Anil for your prompt reply. Let’s try to gather needed docs and do the skill assessment for 261313. The process is bit changed compared to 3 months back when we did skill assessment.