Chance of invite for 261314 (Software Tester)

Hi Anil,

In the current scenario what are the chances of getting invite under 190 if my total points are 75 including state sponsorship. I am going for Software tester role under 261314 code.

Dear Anil,
Can you shed some light on Credentialed Community Language (CCL). Can this be useful to increase your points since it quite expensive at 800 aud and Hindi was my third language.
I have 13.10 years experience as Software Tester as of 13-June-2020. Along with Max points for pte and age less than 39, Can I hope to get an invite?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sushma

CCL can add an extra 5 points.

Hi @SunderRajan

I have applied for 261314 , Sc190

@Ashi and @SunderRajan

Have you received an invitation for software tester?

I am also thinking of applying. Just curious about how much time does it need

Good morning. Thanks for creating such a useful forum I derived a lot of information from. I dream about moving to Australia. However, I am not sure if it is worth time investment considering my qualification.
So… I am 23 and I work as an engineer in software testing automation.
I hope that I can try my best to prepare for IELTS before I will have been 25.
I will have 5 years of experience by 2022(however, ACS will deduct 2 of them). But I have a few questions regarding confirmation of my qualification:

1. I have a master’s degree in software engineering. I started working before getting my bachelor’s degree. Will the experience before my bachelor’s degree be regarded by ACS?
  2. I was working while studying for my master’s degree. Will this experience be regarded by ACS?
  3. Even if I got 20 for English proficiency and 5 for community language, my total points would be 90. Is that enough? I saw in another thread that the minimum score to receive an invitation is 95. The only way to get more points is to get another year of experience.
  4. Could I apply as a software engineer instead of a software tester and, in turn, receive 189 visa instead of 190? Which one is easier to get?
  5. ACS will deduct 2 years from my experience after getting a bachelor’s degree or before+after bachelor’s degree?

Hi Sundar,

Just wanted to confirm - when you said that currently they are not accepting 261314 - Software Tester, what are you trying to share?

Is it not advisable to apply under 261314 right now?
Please share

Thanks
Nandini

Hello Nandini,

I believe no one can tell 261314 will not be called; but the chance is less compared to 261313. Last time, QLD invited only software testers; no software engineer (October 2019). It depends and you need to wait & see how the trend for next year starting from October.

HI Nandini,

I mean to say that software tester code is having less chances of getting invite compared to software engineer. But this may or may not be the case going forward which is totally unpredictable.

-Sunder

@SunderRajan I got my ACS assessment positive and have 5+ years of valid experience. I also have overall score of 90 in PTE giving me 85 points total. I was planning for SC 190 but for Vic but that is restricted to professionals already in vic.I am currently in US. If I go for SC 190, I could get additional 5 points too. . Any thoughts here?

@nandini_mehta did you apply for 261314?

When you apply for 190 under any state, you are automatically given 5 points for state sponsorship when submitting the respective EOI.

Yes , I know that. I am looking for options where I can apply as offshore candidate. I lodged the EOI for vic and sa but I don’t see the realistic chance. I have also lodged for 491 with 100 points for SA. So now just the wait start.
Thanks for reply :blush:

Yes, I applied for 261314