Chance of invite for Chemical Engineer with 70 points, 75 and 80

Hi @jennifer10

The points requirement should come down starting Dec 2019 draw.

1 Like

Hi Anil,

I am standing at 75 score. I have sent the gradual increase in the minimum point score from 80 to latest of 95. The occupation ceiling shows 961 available for chemical engineers. Would there is any chance of invite in coming days?

Chance of invite is low with 75 points.

Hi Anil,

What could be the best possible score to get invite in next 6-7 months?

85 should be a good score.

Hi Anil,

I have heard that chance of invite with 85 points for chemical engineering is almost none. what do you think about it? do you think that I have a chance to get a 189 invite with 85 points for chemical engineering in the next 10 months?

Hi @kabd1991

Sorry, i don’t share any individual case estimates.

Hi anil, Is there any chance of getting pr invite with 85 points in this time? Can you please give your opinion? I lodged my application on 1 nov… thank you

Saying “lodged my application” means you have already lodged your visa application which I feel is not the case as you are still waiting for an invitation for 189/190. The correct wording would be “I submitted my EOI on 1st Nov”

Also, if you are offshore, the chances are very bleak at the moment. Try to increase your points or think of a plan B.

1 Like

Hi All,
can anyone advise whether Chemical Engineer occupation can attract an invite under 189 /190 / 491 category for offshore candidate at an EOI score of 85/90/100 respectively as, in most of the states, this occupation is not even listed (only queensland, SA show). recently, WA has also removed it from the list. only those who graduated from australia and living there are eligible.

If you are offshore, now is not the right time to think about AUSTRALIAN PR pathway (SAD BUT TRUE FACT). The country will not open up util next year and that too isn’t certain. Better to look for other countries. Good Luck!

1 Like

Can you advise closely related occupation for ANZSCO 233111 (chemical engineer) to obtain 190/491 state visa in below scenario:
spouse will study in 2 year masters coursework (2022 onwards) so that, husband will get rights to work 40hrs / week anywhere in australia for 2 years +2 additional years (after graduation spouse gets 2 year job search visa).
Question : husband EOI already registered in 2020. So, if husband gets a job in a closely related occupation he listed in his EOI (chemical engineer) and is able to provide with a 12 month contract, he gets eligible for state nomination 190/491.
Plz also advise the name of such closely related occupations if anyone has applied in past.

You are talking about the state nomination rules in 2022 and there after which is tricky. Immigration/Nomination rules are changing and can change anytime due to this pandemic. Nobody knows what would be the state nomination requirements that time.
Also please google regarding the closely related occupations for your code. Apparently you are the best person who will be able to figure that out.

1 Like