Change in USA valid status

VFS received my application for passport renewal on May 19th 2022.My current application status since past 2 weeks has been “Your application has reached the Embassy/Consulate and is currently under review process”.I had applied with a pending status in USA (as my green card renewal was under process) with all the supporting documents,recently I received my new valid renewed green card and my status is now legal.Do I send a notarized copy of my new valid green card to VFS or leave it as is? If I need to send please give me the details.

If they haven’t asked for it, no need to send.

2 Likes

I read online that " If you already started the process of legalizing your stay in USA with USCIS then please submit your application along with notice of action issued by USCIS (i.e. I-797C etc.) based on this we will issue a Short Validity Passport (SVP), once you get your valid visa status you can apply for Full Validity of Passport (FVP). " So then wont it make sense to send a notarized copy of my new valid green card to VFS to get a FVP instead of SVP?

VFS can’t do anything more at this stage as “Your application has reached the Embassy/Consulate and is currently under review process”.