Change job ( PD : July 2014) with pending I-140(eb3)

working for company A . I have eb2 I-140 approved and also downgrade filed eb3 I-140(pending) & i-485 pending since oct 2020.

I got a good offer from another company B. I understand it will take 8-12 months for perm , then I-140 .

question is :

1. do you guys think my PD (july 2014)will become current in couple of months?
  2. What will happen to my I-485 (eb3 downgrade ) if I change the company (as I-140 is still pending since nov 2020

Why didn’t you upgrade EB3 I-140 to premium processing instead of waiting for so long? If you had an approved I-140 and I-485 pending for more than 6 months (which it is already at this moment), it would be easy to move to a new employer who can simply file I-485J to take over your GC process instead of going through the PERM & I-140 process again.

There are high chances of EB2 date in the final action chart match to the filing date chart (Spe 2014) by Aug-September this year. This means once EB2 PD is current, you will need to interfile EB2 I-140 to get the EB2 GC.

If I were you, I won’t move to a new employer simply because it may take 2/3 years more to get the GC for which you might already be waiting for over a decade not to mention the issue with ageing out children if you have any.

Downgrade may keep processing if your current employer is still willing to sponsor the GC job after you leave. If not, then your new employer will need to restart the PERM process and file I-140 & 485 concurrently if your PD is current at the time of PERM approval.

Thank you. I will stay with current employer then atleast till Sept to see how things are going.