Change of appearance for renewing Indian passport in US in Tatkal mode

Hi Iraban,
Were there any issues with tatkaal processing if you opted for no change in appearance?

Thanks

Hi Irban,

I have the same query regarding Change in Apperance and application for Tatkal? Could you please update what was the final result for you? Were you able to get the passport under Tatkal with checking off No Change in Apperance?

Thanks.

Hi,

I need to apply my passport renewal in tatkal.

Please let me know, Will it create any problem passport under Tatkal with checking off No Change in Apperance?

Hi, could someone please update what the result was with applying for tatkal with no change in appearance?

As per what I see here: Change of Appearance in Indian passport - Musafir

The ‘Change of Appearance’ in passport is applicable if any of these circumstances are true for you:

• Turning from Infant to Child
  • Becoming adult from Child
  • Non-Turban to Turban
  • Non-Beard to Beard
  • Beard to Non-Beard
  • Turban to Non-Turban

hello - could someone provide an update how their process went when doing tatkal for renewal and if they chose yes/no for change of appearance?

Hello,

Did anyone have any luck with this? I have the same question.
Please update if your application went through successfully!

It went well. I got my passport in 2 weeks. I said yes for change in appearance. I don’t think it is a big deal as everyone’s appearance does change after 10 years.

Hii i havent mentions for change in personal particulars such as appearance and aignature during online form filling on government website . Will that be ok of i say that it is changed on my affidavit to be sent to vfs for change in apparrace or signature . Thank you

Hello,

Just to give an update on this. I recently applied for passport renewal in Tatkal after 10 years with ‘no change of appearance’ and passport was processed in one week with new photo I mailed with package. Hope this is helpful.

Thank you.

1 Like

to have Center you have sent your application to.? Please let us know

Hi sugnani,

yours a tatkal process??

Yes, Kumar. It was tatkal

Thanks for Replying Sugnani. I am working on my application and it needs to be sent to NewYork center. should see how it goes :slight_smile: Thanks again

Thanks.!

2 Likes

Hi, just to confirm, you did say that your appearance had changed and still applied in tatkal? Did you have any pre-approval of sorts from the Embassy?

Yes, I did say appearance has changed, and applied for tatkal. No preapproval is needed.

Hi Mihir, how did your application go? Did you send it under Tatkaal? And you didn’t mention change in personal particulars in the online form, but said “yes” appearance has chnaged on the affidavit?

Hi Mihir,

How did it go for your passport renewal. i am in the same boat, while filling the application, i didnt select the Change of Appearance checkbox but i am sending the notarized change of appearance form. does it work? of do i need to have another new application.

Hi Anil,

I have a general question regarding Indian passport renewal in USA , while filling the online application, i didnt select the Change of Appearance checkbox but i am sending the notarized change of appearance form. does it work? or do i need to have another new application. In recent days, many of my colleagues got the application back for multiple reasons. Thank you in advance.

Hi Sankar,

Can you please update us on what you did for your application? I’m also on same boat.