Changing H4 kid from Father to Mother dependant

Kid is on H4 dependent on father’s H1b which is valid till mid 2024.
Mother is on H1b as well and we would like to change kid to mothers’ dependent. Mother’s H1b is valid till Mid 2025. exploring options what’s easiest way.

  1. Do we require to file amendment in USA and will require I-765 for visa stamping?
  2. Let’s say we are travelling to home country, can we directly take visa appointment filling out all required document? will we need I-765 for kid as a dependent document in that case?