Changing job roles with PERM in process

Hi All,
I am looking at a possible internal role/job change.
Background: my company has applied for PERM Dec 2022, so it should get processed soon for Job role A. I am interested in job role B, for better career opportunity. Job Role B is not the same title so will be different function.

Is it advisable to pursue a role change in this situation? or Wait a few months for PERM and I-140, till I change roles.
Will I/Employer need to file a new PWD/LCA and PERM all over for the new role or just for the H1B extensions?

Thank you

PERM is for future job. If you and your employer is willing to offer you Job A in future (as and when your GC is approved), I don’t see a reason for not taking up job B.

Basically, Job B has nothing to do with Job A. If you want your employer for abandon job A PERM and file fresh PERM for Job B, then it is your choice.

thanks for the response.
I am still a little confused, job B is kind of like a promotion, I would not want to go back to Job A.
the issue as I understand it is my H1 is linked to Job A, will I need new H1b for job B?
I dont want to lose time preferably if we can avoid refiling PERM and LCA unless needed.

Trying to understand the if pursuing this opportunity is worth the trouble of re-doing PERM as when my PERM will become current in a few years time I will want to be in Job B, so I guess will need a new PERM in the future if not right away.

Thanks