Continue working if H4 EAD is approved but physical Card doesn’t arrive

Hello Mr Anil
We recently applied for H4EAD renewal on 24th May 2019 at Vermont service center and have received receipt notice last week.
My receipt/case number is EAC19901***** which doesn’t follow the normal receipt numbering system.
We checked online status and the number is correct. I have following questions-

1. Did USCIS changed the numbering system recently? Do I have any cause of worry as my number is not following usual pattern?

2. As seen on your daily updates, the current renewal processing at Vermont is around 1 month 8-10 days. My current EAD expires on 7/272019. Am I safe to get approval I time?

3. Being C26 category, I understand that I am not entitled to continue working unless my case is approved prior to the expiry of the current EAD. But, can I continue working if the approval os granted in the system but the physical Card doesn’t arrive by 7/27?

Thanks for your help.

Don’t worry about the receipt number format. USCIS is using a new system.

The daily updates show the most recent approval that our service could find. Your case may or may not be approved with that speed.

As per official rule, you should wait for physical H4 EAD card to arrive before you can start working again or continue work.

Thanks. What do you suggest in case my EAD is approved but Card is still awaited. What should I tell my employer?, is going on unpaid vacations for couple of weeks is an option?

You should tell your employer the reality and that your H4 EAD is under processing.

I am not sure how your employer is going to handle this situation as they cannot keep you on their payroll if your current H4EAD expires and new one is pending. Talk to them as to how they want to handle it.

Thanks for your advise

Mr Anil
Can you tell when did USCIS started new receipt numbering system and can you explain what are the 3,4,5th digit mean in new system.
My receipt number starts with WAC19901*****
Thanks

My question was a bit different. I wanted to know what to do if my petition is approved before the expiry of my current EAD, but the new Card has not yet physically arrived.

On line status shows “Card sent for printing”

You cannot start work until you have physical card in your hand as per the official rules at this time.

Dear Mr Anil
Can you tell when did USCIS started new receipt numbering system and can you explain what are the 3,4,5th digit mean in new system.

My receipt number starts with WAC19901*****
Thanks

Hi @Anilkumar55

I do not have details about the new USCIS receipt numbering system at this time.