Coronavirus: Does anyone think there'll be any precendence between Citizens vs Visa holders?

One imp question, Just heard from a friend that in NY doctors are deciding who should get ventilators (young vs old).

Does anyone think there’ll be any precendence between Citizens vs Visa holders ? anyone heard anything ?

Well, the current Coronavirus pandemic is a completely new situation which has never been faced before.

That’s why Immigration and others are still trying to figure out what to do and how to handle it.

At this time, we have not heard of any such selection criteria where US citizens will be treated first than visa holders.

I personally think that this kind of decision making, even if it comes down to choosing, can be legally made. As far as i know, there is no such law which will place US citizens over others for medical treatment.

US has always provided medical help to the needy irrespective of their visa status in US.

But, in these unprecedented circumstances, nobody knows what will happen.

Keeping fingers crossed.

I don’t think doctors or hospital ask for citizenship status. Only insurance.

Ventiliator Allocation guidelines are already there but these are being redrafted again. There ia a video by CNBC or NBC on youtube(1week old mostly). This was the main reason I asked.

https://www.health.ny.gov/press/releases/2015/2015-11-25_ventilator_allocation_guidelines.htm

It says mainly the decision will be with doctor to decide solely based on condition of patient and nothing else.

But as I pointed CNBc, NbC showed tht some of the guidelines are being changed now or in process of changing.

Second paragraph here. Young age will be given preference in case of ventilators shortage.

No other criteria will be considered.