Do I need to be in US to file I129 extension of stay in US

my employer’s lawyers have been frustratingly slow. H1B extension started 2 months ago but they have not filed it yet and I have India trip in 8 days.

My question is do I need to be in US when they file I129 extension of stay in US? Or I can be outside? thank you!

Your employer should be able to file extension of status while you are outside of the US. If itvis approved before you travel back, make sure you carry the copy of newly approved extension of status while traveling back. Not to mention, you will need a valid visa to enter back.

1 Like

Thank you so much! It is very helpful.

Yes, I have previous visa stamp.