Do you know the procedure for obtaining PCC from China?

Do you know the procedure for obtaining PCC from China? I am living in Guangdong province since 2006 on Z working VISA. The local police station is perplexed when I request for PCC as they mentioned to me not usual for foreigners to request PCC and this particular area police station have never issued PCC to foreigners.

Everyday different requirement and now they are asking letter from DHA requesting for PCC. I am still waiting for case officer to be assigned.

Anyway to contact DHA and request for letter

I got this information about getting China’s Police Check from Australia Immigration website:

Police check - People’s Republic of China

China PCC document name : ‘Notary Certificate of No Criminal Convictions’.

You must first obtain the ‘No Criminal Convictions Certificate’ from your local police station and provide this to the Public Notary Office to apply for the ‘Notary Certificate of No Criminal Convictions’.
Applications by post will not be accepted.

Citizens: Provide the following documents to the Public Notary Office where your Hukou is registered:

• original ‘No Criminal Convictions’ certificate from your local police station (obtained from the place where your Hukou is registered)
  • original ID card
  • original Hukou booklet
  • an authorisation letter (if applying through a third party).

You must apply with the following documents to obtain the ‘No Criminal Convictions’ Certificate from your local police station:

• original ID card
  • original Hukou booklet

The police station might request a statement from your employer or, in the case of no employment, a letter from the residential committee.

Non-citizens:

You (or an authorised person) must apply in person at the Public Notary Office in each city where you resided.

Provide the following documents to the Public Notary Office:

• original passport (or copy of passport, original Temporary Residence Card or Temporary Residence Permit)
  • original Police Clearance certificate from your local police station

You must provide the following documents to obtain the Police Clearance certificate from the Local Police Station:

• your original passport(s) (or copy of passport(s) – including both the current passport and any old passports in which the Chinese visa was attached
  • a letter from the work unit or university/school where you worked or studied while in China, and

The local police station might only issue Police Clearance certificates to applicants with Z (Work), X (Student) and J1 (Journalist) visa classes. Holders of other classes of visa will need to enquire directly to the local police station and/or Public Notary Office for local procedures to obtain police clearance certificates.

Fee : Payable.

Note 1 : Application procedures differ slightly between different provinces, districts or cities. You are encouraged to confirm the procedure directly with the local police station and/or Public Notary Office. For example, some Public Notary Offices in Beijing require the applicant to firstly go to the Public Notary Office to get a specific form which then needs to be provided to the local police station.

Note 2 : You should obtain a notarised translation of the certificate and provide both the original and notarised translation of the ‘No Criminal Convictions Certificate’ to the office processing the application.

Australia SkillSelect WebPage link to use for Applying Police Certificate

Use this page link as a PCC request proof as it shows that Australia SkillSelect immigration needs a police certificate:

I am unable to get a police clearance because I lost my old passport (2013-2015 period) and Shanghai Police does not issue police clearance if you lose your passport.

What should I do?

I can only obtain police clearance from 2009 to 2012 and 2016-present.

Hi @egodalle

I am not aware of the process if you lose your passport.
You have to contact Shanghai police department to know the process for your case.

I have contacted Shanghai Police Dept and there is no way they will provide clearance without a passport. My question is will Australia allow an explanation that I am unable to get a police clearance despite the efforts I gave? I can see that this is allowed in the case for Canada and US.

If Shanghai police is not giving the certificate without a passport, then you have no option but to explain it to Australia immigration case officer if they ask about it.

They may or may not accept it.