Does new EOI required after 16th Nov, 2019?

Hi Anil,
I have already lodged my EOI with 75 points (EOD: March 13th, 2019) with CHEMIST occupation and still waiting for the invite.

Do I need to lodge new EOI after 16th, November 2019?

Please let us know.

Shashi

@shashi All current EOIs are still valid and will automatically be converted based on new rules.

New EOI wouldn’t be necessary.

1 Like

Just worrying about this.

The amendments in Schedules 1 and 2 to the Regulations commence on 16 November 2019. The amendments in Schedule 3 to the Regulations commence on 16 November 2022. The delayed commencement for Schedule 3 is because of the requirement to have held a regional provisional visa for three years before applying for the Subclass 191 visa. Eligibility will not arise before 16 November 2022.

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2019L00578/Explanatory%20Statement/Text?fbclid=IwAR3ROqXw8R0adT8G80Aj2fY0X8529czTH9ayf7dbcYRxYTo474tlewPIcFM

Sorry this one
The Regulations operate prospectively, except for changes to the points test that apply to existing applications, but only do so in a way that is beneficial for applicants, by providing additional points. With that exception, the amendments do not apply to applications that have already been made, but not yet decided, at the time the Regulations commence. The Regulations make provision for nominations relating to a Subclass 187 visa where the proposed visa applicant has not made an application before the visa closes to new applications, and cannot make an application after that date. In addition, the Regulations make provision for refunds of the nomination training contribution charge in some circumstances.

Hi @shashi

What is the confusion here? It simply says that existing EOI will not be affected if there is no increase in points required.

If your EOI is eligible for increase in points, it will be updated automatically.

@Anil.Gupta, Hi Anil, It only means that all lodged EOI’s will increase or decrease points if relevant?

1 Like

@ShyForAustralia That is a correct assumption. However, you may have to update your points if you can claim under new rules.

For Example : to claim points for Spouse English.

1 Like

Hi @ShyForAustralia

I agree with @v.chow

@Anil.Gupta Thanks a lot both. :slight_smile:

So there will be new options for updating Spouse IELTS etc. from Nov.