Dropbox requirement for Kids under 14, both parents visa has expired

I booked Dropbox appointment for all (Primary + wife + kid(under 14)).
while booking the booking system suggested Dropox and I selected it.
I checked the Dropbox eligibility tool and it says all are qualified.
But when I spoke with Embasy customer care, the Agent told me, for Kids under 14, both parent should have valid Visa to qualify for Dropbox.
Q? Wondering if this is true that both parents should have valid visa(we all having family appointment on June 7, at Mumbail) would there be any issue?

Customer care agent ( 1-703-520-2239) pointed me to this official link : https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/en/renew-visa

From above link:

Eligibility criteria for children under 14 years of age:

• I am applying before my 14th birthday.

Note: Children under 14 must submit photocopies of both parents’ passports’ biographic information and valid U.S. visa page.

My understanding is that if it is a family application i.e. both parents applying with under 14 children, this requirement should not be applicable. This may apply when applying H4 just for the under 14 child.

Call VFS and this time talk to agent’s manager for a more definitive answer.

1 Like

Hi @oct2018gtest_test , did you submitted dropbox for your child along with ur application and stamped successfully?

Were you able to do Dropbox successfully for your kid under 14 years

Were you able to do dropbox for your kid under 14Yrs. Please respond.I do have the similar situation. I am planning to travel to India in july-2024 with my family(H1B/H4) for visa stamping(Our visa has expired and I797 is valid till July-2026). When trying with interview waiver, It shows that I and my wife are elligible for dropbox. My kid is 11 years old and it says that parents should have valid VISA. I am bit confused… Can we do drop box for kid(together with the family:myself + spouse + kid)… Any help on this is highly appreciated. Please respond.

Anil,please kindly suggest. Thanks.

Yes, I did my Dropbox today and no questions were asked. Was able to do Dropbox for my kid as well even though parents didn’t have valid visa. They just took our approved i797

Happy to help if you have any more questions

Thanks Pratha.

I was earlier confused as the portal says kids(under 14) would need parents valid visa. Let me also book dropbox appointment for my kid along with me. I assume that it is OK to collectively go for drop box as a family(parent + Kid…parent’s H1B visa expired but has valid I797 approval)…

It will be great if others can also share the ideas please. Thank You very much.

Yes it is true. It’s very confusing. I talked to lot of people and always got mixed response. So I just took a risk and went for Dropbox only.
Yes full family can take one appointment and only one person can go and submit all documents