DS160 - Question - this country or location your place of principal of residence?

Hi Anil,

Have a confusion on the below question in DS160,

Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued, and is this country or location your place of principal of residence?

I am in Canada with work permit and planning to apply stamping in Canada. Do I need to give Yes/No.

If you just have a temporary work permit of Canada, then I would suggest to mention your home country name.

Some people have mentioned their work place (like visa holders in US usually mention USA as they have been working there for more than 6 months) and it has worked fine too.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply!

Hi Anil - This is Yes/No question. Think I need to select No as my previous stamping done at Chennai and staying in Canada with work permit. Please help to confirm.

Also, when we send the document for dropbox can we send both H1 and H4 in the same envelope?

Hi - So what’s the answer you selected . Since am in the same boat need to know whether i have to select yes/no. Appreciate your response on this.