EB3 - 485 RFIE after EAD cards received

Hi ,

We filed for I 485 in Oct 2019 , received cards in Jan . I changed job on EAD after 180 days in April 2020.

Around March time frame there was an update on our 485 case saying “The case is transferred to a different location for further processing and that they had mailed us the next steps”

We never received the mail. So we opened an SR saying the same the same. Today the case was updated with RFIE .Here is how the update goes -

On May 21, 2020, we sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number LINXXXX. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidence. If you do not receive your request for evidence by June 5, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to How to Change Your Address | USCIS to give us your new mailing address.

Our date is also not current. I am wondering what this is about. Any insight or such experiences will be great to know. We are now waiting for the mail :slight_smile:
Thank you!

Nobody can tell until you receive the actual RFE letter.

It may be asking for supplement J from new employer if its an employment based i485.

Thank you for your response.

USCIS does not know about my job change so I wonder if its the supplement J which I am planning to file in any case.

I don’t know why people think that USCIS will not know about your job change.

Every Employer fills form I-9 to report new employee to USCIS!

They know everything about you. You are supposed to send the supplement J if you join a new employer.

Thank you for the clarification. It could be the 485 J then. I am working on it and hope to file it fast.

So we received the RFE today asking for our medicals which is quite surprising. We are on EB3 - India with a priority date of Nov 12 2009 . Our date is not current at this point.
Just sharing this update and any insight is helpful. I appreciate the responses.

1 Like

I am in the same situation. I have received RFIE after 3.5 months of combo card approval. Have not received the notice yet.

We received RFIE for medicals --FYI. Hope this helps.