Effect on H4 & H4-EAD extension processing after H1-B extension RFE(Premium processing)

Hi,

I filed my H1-B and spouse’s H4 and H4-EAD together in Dec 2019 in Premium processing. My H1-B got an RFE in 4days, and my company reverted the RFE response in March 2020 after doing all the paper work/formalities and I got my approval in 10days of RFE response.
My question is, what will be the impact on processing of my wife’s extension for H4 and H4-EAD due to this.

1. Will the processing time (4-6 months) for H4 begin from approval date (Mar 2020) or the date of filing (Dec 2019)?
  2. Will the processing time for H4-EAD (6-7 months) begin from approval date (Mar) or date of filing (Dec 2019)?
  3. Is this possible that the H4 and H4-EAD processing be quicker as her biometric was done in January and I filed my RFE response in March (But I missed sending the Biometric signed copy :frowning_face:)?

P.S. It went to California centre.

There is no major effect on H4 & H4 EAD processing time if your get H1B RFE unless the USCIS officer already picked up H4 and EAD and then found it to be pending in RFE.

H4 and EAD cannot be approved until H1B is approved.

Thanks Anil,

Can you please clarify on these points as well.

1. Will the processing time (4-6 months) for H4 begin from approval date (Mar 2020) or the date of filing (Dec 2019)?
  2. Will the processing time for H4-EAD (6-7 months) begin from approval date (Mar) or date of filing (Dec 2019)?
  3. Is this possible that the H4 and H4-EAD processing be quicker as her biometric was done in January and I filed my RFE response in March?

The processing time for all applications is counted from the date of receipt.

Hi Varun,

Did your spouse’s H4 and H4 EAD approve? When did you hea back?

Thanks,
Jagadeesh

Hi Jagadesh,

We got the H4-EAD after 4months of application. The RFE didn’t impact I believe.

1 Like