Emergency travel with approved EB EAD but a pending AP

On an employment based (EB3) EAD (renewed recently) with I-131 (AP) still pending, what is the process for an emergency travel situation ? USCIS asks for death certificate just to give an appointment but it takes 3 days for it after the funeral in India. Have to be there to perform funeral ceremonies. Can we just travel, perform funeral activities and apply for a new expedited I-131 there ? How to call local consulate in India to request for this emergency AP application appointment ?

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Unfortunately, there is no other way around (as far as I know) it than to apply for an emergency 1 month AP with the USCIS local office.

The US embassy will only entertain visa requests as far as I know.