Evidence of paid employment for ACS Skills Assessment

Hi @Akeebatra

You can submit the payslips and form 16. Your bank statements won’t work if they don’t have the employer name.

Thank you @Anil.Gupta for quick reply. I am from Pakistan so can u explain like what form 16 is? so I can find its alternative in my country?

Kindly reply when you get time.

Form 16 is a tax deducted at source in India.

You may have a similar thing in Pakistan too where Employer gives you a statement of how much tax they deducted and deposited with government. This statement is called ‘form 16’ in India.

Hi,
I see that ACS has updated their document checklist to prove employment.

1. Are form 16s for every financial year enough for the first form of proof? Or is it the ITR acknowledgments needed?
  2. I want to submit payslips as second form of proof. i have around 9 years of experience. Should i be submitting payslip for every month of every year? one from every quarter would suffice? (April, July,October, January)

Thanks.

Hi @anita.mathivanan

Please read my response to your question:

Thank you for the reply. For every financial year i have payslips for Jun, Sep, Dec and Mar. Would that be okay?

One of my previous companies has already closed down. I’m not able to get my previous payslips or an ITR. What payment evidence should I present in this case?

Hi @arni5na

All options of payment evidence for ACS assessment are available here.

Hi Anil,

I need to submit for review.
In the result I have got now, ACS mentioned said that bank statements are accepted since the employer name was mentioned.
But I do not have salary slips. I also don’t have form16.
But I have got FORM26AS and UAN passbook. Will this combination be ok?

Thanks and Regards,
Shrikant

You can submit any financial proof that you have which can show you were paid legitimately.

Two different type of financial proofs are required.

Hello @Anil.Gupta
I uploaded salary slips and form 16A for 3 years as proof of employment but ACS rejected with Insufficient document. should I review it?
Bank statement is hard to get as I colsed account in 2016.
any other docs which can help me here?
Thanks in advance.

provident fund statement from EPFO website or all ITRs till date

You have to submit proofs of each year of employment and not only last 3 years.

A post was split to a new topic: ACS: Tax documents issued by the employer are NOT accepted

Question 1: I joined my past employer on 15 Sep 2006 and worked till 2019. Should salary slips be of Sep 2006, Oct 2006 (given only half month in Sep2006) and Dec 2006 and then every Jan and Dec per year till exit? I am struggling to find a way as I believe employer only maintains some latest years in system. This is will renowned multinational employer where I worked in India office.
However I do have Form 16+ITR proofs for most of these years. I am also looking for if there is any alternate letter that employer could provide if they don’t have salary slips from 2006 onwards. (I have some covering year 2017,18&19)

Hi @Sana

Every detail is mentioned here on ACS documents article.

Hello All,
I believe many of you not having salary slips of each year and now previous employers would not be giving any document.
I would like to know if any one of you submitted bank statement with “by salary” mentioned as Payment Evidence and got positive result.
I am got stucked because of my previous employers doesn’t have any old records and I am left with bank statement with “by salary” mentioned. I am trying to get Govt ITR from 2007-2011. I need one more evidence to produce which would be bank statement.

I have joined my firm on 05-Nov-2015 till Present (11-Nov-2020).

1. Is it okay if I submit payslips from Nov 2015 for each year until Oct 2020? (Since Nov 2020 payslip is currently not available).

2. As far as Form16 is concerned, I have documents from Assessment Year 2015-16, 16-17, 17-18, 18-19, 19-20. Do I need to provide for Year 2020-21? This is currently not available.

Any clarity will be appreciated.

Are you sure about this declaration like in bank statement, we have to show pay evidence from first month and last month only?