Thanks again for all you do for the community!
Have been in the US since 2017. I have an approved I140 and working with the same sponsoring employer (no plans to change and wish to continue with the same in future). I have an approved 797 till July 2023 (1st extension). My old Indian passport has expiry till Jan 2021. I got my new passport in October from Indian embassy which does not have the stamping as per the latest 797.
I had some urgent personal matter to take care back in India, so was planning to go back in March-April 2021 for few years (3-4 years). And wish to return to the US with the same employer before the PD becomes current.
*I also had in parallel applied for Express Entry and waiting for any results.
I wish to know if you have any articles or recommendation for the exit process (checklist of things to be done) before i exit US so that when i want to return to continue waiting for the GC it will be possible.
How to tackle-
- settling bank accounts (whether to transfer funds to India and then back to US on return) and how that relates to taxation in both India and US.
- Latest Visa stamping for new 797, with current climate till March-April Visa appointment issues, should i wait out till that plays out and go and do the stamping? will having a stamped passport help in the longer run.
*US social security number, any closure needed from my side?
*Do i need to keep the US phone number active for any documentation purpose?
*Any formalities from the employer side? i know i need the experience letter for job purposes back home, but any other things/docs needed from their side?
Would love to see any recommendations on this.