Form 221g admin processing status changed twice after Passport submission

Hi Anil,

My husband got 221(g) blue slip during H1b visa 1st time stamping at Delhi consulate.

He was asked to submit few documents which he did over email. Later he was asked to submit additional documents which also he submitted.

On June 17th 2019, he received email to submit his passport. He submitted on June 18th.

After that, date of case updated changed twice but the case is still in Administrative Processing and when we track passport, it shows that it’s still with US embassy.

It’s been a week. What does this means? Will he get stamping and when he can expect his passport as date changed twice? Kindly advice.

Hi @Gaurank

What is the current status shown on CEAC website?

Hi Anil,

Current status is still Administrative Processing and date updated changed twice

Then, it does not mean anything if the status text has not changed.

If they have asked for passport, then it means that you have very good chance of approval pretty soon.

Thanks Anil for your reply. But why date has been changed twice and how long they take to return the passport?

Hi @Gaurank

Nobody knows the internals as they do not share it.

Normally, in these kind of cases, stamped passport is returned in 7-15 days.

Hi @Gaurank Did you get your visa stamped. As mine is also same date has been changed twice but still AP

Hi Vishal ,

Did your visa get stamped , if yes could you tell me after submitting passport how long it took for you to get it done !

Regards,

Hi Gaurank,

Did your visa get stamped , if yes could you tell me after submitting passport how long it took for you to get it done !

Regards,

Hi,

I am in the same situation: 1.5 year after 221g, 3 time date changes and still AP. I would love to hear how it concluded for you Ankita and Siddhu please.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am in the same situation: 1.5 year after 221g, 3 time date changes and still AP. I would love to hear how it concluded for you Ankita and Siddhu please.

Thanks!