I recently attended visa interview for stamping. I recently joined this organization and have approved H1B petition.
The consular officer asked few questions like below:
- your role and duties.
- What’s the relationship with the current employer.
- How many kids do you have? Why only 1 kid needs visa ( I explained he is us citizen).
- What was your status while he was born.
- Do you have any contract papers. ( I did not had contract with me, I gave the offer letter instead).
- Do you work at client location? ( I explained I work from another state as my previous client was based out of that state, new client has remote execution until the pandemic. So once the client calls back the employees, I will move to the client location)
The officer took my passport and offer letter and returned my 797.
She gave me pink slip and said we need to do additional processing on your case, so putting the application under Administrative Processing. You will hear soon from us. She did not ask for additional documents or anything else.
Has anyone faced similar situations? What could be be the worst case scenario here? I need to report back to US as soon as possible. What are my options here if my current application gets rejected/ denied ?
Really tuff situation.