Got H1B Approval Not Stamped in India, can I switch in India itself and get H1b transferred to new employer


I have applied for a fresh H1B from my employer A(from India) and got approval. Now employer is not ready for the stamping as of now, can I switch to a different employer and get my H1B transferred in India itself.

@anil_am22 …Hi Anil,
Can you please help with my query…


You can apply for H1B visa stamp yourself if you have the H1B approval i797.

You should be able to transfer too to a new employer.


Hi @anil_am22 ,

If I don’t transfer it and switch to a different company B, and plan to switch to a new employer C may be after 3-4 years. Do you think employer C could be able to transfer my H1B then?