Grace period to stay in US after H1B denial

Hi,

My I-129 application was denied on Dec 06 2018. But due to Christmas and New year holiday’s my attorney received the notice late (Jan 05 2019). As my H1b had already expired I had to come back immediately. Traveled back on on 10th Jan and reached India on 11th Jan 2019.
I read that the graceful period to stay legally after I-29 rejection is 30 days. In my case I have passed that period.
Will this cause any issue if I get a chance to revisit US?
If yes, is there any thing that I can do?

Thanks a lot for your support

Hi @thanksbetoJesus

Legally, there is zero (0) grace period to stay in US after your H1B has been denied.

Usually, 10-15 days are considered okay to wrap up your stuff and leave US. You cannot do anything to fix it.
You will need to mention this overstay in your DS160 in all future applications.

Thanks a lot Anil for this valuable information. For some reason I am not seeing this question while filling DS160 for H1b now. Is this same case for others that this query no longer exist?

Hi @thanksbetoJesus

Which question are you talking about? Some questions are deleted daily if they are duplicates. They are usually merged with previous existing similar questions before deleting though.

Dear Anil,

Thanks a lot for your support.
I was referring to the following question in my previous comment:
“Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted by an immigration official or otherwise violated the terms of a U.S. visa?”

Though many have reported this question as one in the DS160 even this yearc(2019), I could not find it listed while filling the form online.
A similar question that i came across was “Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?”

Hi @thanksbetoJesus

These two questions are standard on DS160. Are you sure you are filling the right form on correct website?

Yes Anil. I applied via https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
The below question did not get displayed for me:
“Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted by an immigration official or otherwise violated the terms of a U.S. visa?”

It should have appeared as per my information.

It is possible that you missed it?