Guidance regarding the application process for a tourist visa (B1/B2) to the United States

I Previously held an H4 visa, which was issued on 2nd February 2022 and expired on 8th May 2023. I am now interested in applying for a tourist visa to US as I am planning to visit Canada as well.

To provide some background, I have resided in America on H4 visa between 2021 and 2023. Considering the eligibility criteria for the US Interview Waiver Program for a tourist visa application, I meet the following conditions:

• I previously held a non-immigrant visa (H4) that was issued in India.
  • I wish to apply for a non-immigrant visa (Tourist B1/B2) within 48 months of the most recent non-immigrant visa’s expiration date (May 8, 2023).
  • I have not received any visa refusals for any class subsequent to the issuance of my most recent visa.

Could you please confirm if I am eligible for the Interview Waiver Program (IWP)? Additionally, I would greatly appreciate your guidance on the necessary steps and procedures I need to follow for the application process.

You can use this dropbox eligibility app and find if you are eligible for interview waiver.

Document required for B1/B2 visitor visa. Sample Employment, Consulate and sponsorship letters. Multiple entry tourist visa for parents. Stay in USA for up-to 6 months in one stretch. B1/B2 Visitor Visa Documents, Sponsor Parents (H1B, L Workers) - USA

1 Like