H1B approved after denial & MTR but no project available now

Hello all,

I am working as a contractor for company X through company Y.

Company Y had filed my H1B , H1B application with company Y is denied and then company Y have re opened my application. After they have reopened the case I got full time opportunity with company X and I accepted.

Later I have traveled to India, during my visit to India H1B application that reopened by Company Y got approved.

Company X stated as I am not in US when H1B is approved they can’t transfer my H1B and they fired me stating out of status.

Later Company Y failed to show me a project and now my H1B is expired.

Company X have a project now and they are asking me to join as a contractor.

Can some one please let me know the possible ways that I could enter US again using project that company X is showing?

I have tried to explain my situation detail, Please let me know if any other info.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @Raj_YP

Company X has to file H1B transfer for you.

During that time Company X stated, as I am not in US when H1B is approved they can’t transfer my H1B and they fired me from job.

Current situation :

I am in India and company X is offering me a contract position but my H1B is expired now. Can I apply for extension ? I never have H1B stamped on my passport.

Hi @Raj_YP

Extention is for same Employer who holds your current H1B.

Company X can file H1B Transfer with consular processing option. If they can’t do it or are saying so, there must be something else that’s wrong with your H1B.

If nothing is wrong, then company X is fooling around with you.