H1B dropbox appointment Hyderabad - case status is showing Application Received - Sept 28, 2021

Hello,

I had my H1B dropbox appointment in Hyderabad consulate on Sept 28, 2021 and submitted my documents.

Since Sept 28, the CEAC case status is showing as an ‘Application Received’ and in USTRAVELDOCS portal I am seeing ‘Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate’.

The CEAC case status is last updated on Oct 05 but it is showing same status as an ‘Application Received’

When I contacted the Consulate helpdesk they mentioned to wait for 7-10 business days (from the date of dropping the documents).

Its past 7 days. Any inputs or suggestions on this one?

4 Likes

can you please let me know how many days it would take for processing an H1B VISA dropbox application from the US Consulate Hyderabad location?

I had my appointment on Sept 28 and it is showing as an ‘Application Received’ till date even though my case status is last updated on Oct 18 in CEAC case status website.

1 Like

Don’t worry. It is normal. There is no fixed time. You will get it soon.

2 Likes

Try this site to help you and others get an idea of the timelines
https://visagrader.com/trackers/us-drop-box-visa-appointments

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the words and the information.

My CEAC case status for my H1B dropbox VISA application is updated to ‘Administrative Processing’ on 10/22 with below description -

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

3 Likes

Thank you so much Anil.

My CEAC case status updated to Administrative Processing on Oct 22, and Issued on Oct 25. CGI portal status is changed to ‘Passport is ready for pickup’ on Oct 26.

3 Likes

I went to Dropbox on Nov 8 in Mumbai and status showing application Received with the below comments .
Your case is open and ready for interview , fingerprints and required documents . If you have already interview check your status after 2 days . If no interview was required check back after two days

No updates till today

Little worried as never seen these status

1 Like

Any Updates on your case?

1 Like

Hi suha, any update on your status?