H1B dropbox - stuck at administrative processing

Hi @Anil.Gupta

Looks like I’m in some unique situation here.
I submitted my h1b renewal application on 11th June at Mumbai dropbox facility.

Case created on 12th June and changed to admin processing on 28th June. Yeah…that’s a long time. After that, there is no any status update. Its almost 14 working days since last update. No communication from consulate for interview or for any additional documents whatsoever.

Could you please provide some insight/guidance on what’s going on here?

Thanks for your help.

Hi @apstress

There is no need to worry. Until you get some notification from embassy, it is difficult to say what’s going on with your case.

It looks to be more of processing delay than anything else at this time.

Thanks @Anil.Gupta

Any idea how much more time I’m looking at? What are the chances of getting 221g at this point, after 3 weeks in AP? Just FYI, I’m FTE and this is my 2nd renewal with same employer.

Hi @apstress

If they have not returned the passport, then you can expect your stamped passport in about 7-30 days with current processing time and speed that i am seeing.

Hi @Anil.Gupta

I was reading your post regarding DS160 social media information. I had to provide this information as I submitted the form after these questions were added. Do you think it has anything to do with this delay?

Also I didn’t provide facebook account info even though I had that account in the past because I haven’t used it in last 5 years. Do you think that was correct decision?

Thanks.

Hi @apstress

At this time, we do not know if US government is really checking the social media accounts or not.

hi @apstress Looks like I’m in a situation similar to yours. Could you tell me if your case got resolved ? How long it took from AP to issued ?

Hi @apstress @Soji_Varkey Could you tell me if your cases got resolved ? How long it took from AP to issued ?

Hi Udaysree, my admin processing changed after almost 2 months. I did not get any 522h notice it was simply sitting in admin processing for no apparent reason but luckily to moved to Issued status after 2 weeks

Thanks @Soji_Varkey for the update.