H1B Extension RFE to prove why can’t any person off the street do what you do?

Hi Anil,

I received an RFE for my H1B petition. MY Employer sent me this ?
-Please explain why at least a Bachelor’s Degree is required to perform the duties of the position. (Describe in a few sentences what you learned in college and what makes you qualified to perform the job. Why can’t any person off the street do what you do?).

Can you please provide some inputs to answer this ?.

Hi @chandu

This has to be answered by your employer who has written the H1B job description.

It is not possible to suggest anything if we don’t even know what job is it for.

Looks like USCIS is hell bent on denying H1Bs with specialty occupation reason.

This is for software developer role Anil, If you have any template can you please share that

He Asked me to write it Anil so asked You If you have any sample template

Hi @chandu

Please understand that it is not a simple RFE as you might think.

The job description detail and job requirements posted by your employer in the job advertisement and LCA are most important to write the response.

I cannot help unless you have more details to share. I will ask for it on our groups to see if anybody has got a similar RFE and if anyone can help you.

Stay tuned. Sharing now and asking for help.

Thanks Anil for your help

1 Like

Hi @chandu

It is not possible to suggest if the new job details should be added or not on a forum where we do not know about your current job details.

Your attorney or employer is the right person to ask if the new job details should be added or not.