H1b extension/transfer after i140 approval with new employer outside USA

Hi Experts,

My h1b got maxed out on May 7th 2021 and i moved back to India just after my PWD approval (PERM was in progress). I got my i140 approved on July 2021 while i was in India. Now its more than 6 months after the approval.

My question is,

  1. can a new employer (XYZ) in USA file the h1b extension/ transfer to me using the i140 i got from my ex-employer (ABC)?

please suggest

Yes, the employer can file cap-exempt H1B based on approved I-140.

1 Like