H1B Interview Waiver Rule expiring Dec2023 but still allows to book Dropbox appointment in 2024 with old visa expired >48months

Hi,
I am planning to schedule the H1B VISA Dropbox appointment in Feb 2024. Currently, while booking appointment, it shows that I am eligible for Dropbox.

My question is:
My previous H1B visa expired in Jan 2019. That said, it is more than 48 months.
The current H1B interview waiver rule expires 31Dec2023.

So, I am not sure if I am eligible for Dropbox appointment in Feb 2024? Currently it is allowing me to book appointment but I am confused that what if later it will make me ineligible for that. Not sure should I book the appointment and wait for surprise!

Please guide! Thank you so much!

It seems that they will extend the rule. They have not announced it yet though.

Hi Can you help me with the latest list of questions for interview waiver on the new portal?

You can use the dropbox app.

Hi Anil
Any update on this rule since i have booked my appointment in January for first time F1 to h1b drop box appointment

As @anil_am22 mentioned, there’s good chance that it will be extended. If not, dropbox criteria will go back to pre-covid time and they will not allow dropbox for different Visa classes. Keep an eye out on news on this.

1 Like

@jasyrider Hello, I am in same boat as you and I have already booked my Dropbox slots for Feb 2024. Now wondering will they allow us to drop the documents or refuse us. Did you get any updates or did you book your appointment.?

@anil_am22 Hello Anil,
Do you have any updates on this scenario.
Background-
last stamped visa was in 2018 , which is more than 48 months. Booked Dropbox for February 2024. System allowed us to book for Dropbox based on questionnaire (it didn’t ask last stamped visa date).
Now the rule expired on Dec 31st, can we still continue with our drop box appointment or should we change it to in person…? The extended rule is only for those who have visa expired within 48 months which is not true in our case.

The 48 months rule has been extended indefinitely.

But, the rule is that visa should have expired in last 48 months on the date of dropbox.

You can check it using the Dropbox app.

Yeah, I checked in the app . It says I am eligible for drop box, but my last visa expired in 2018 which is more than 48 months ago.

I cancelled the drop box appointment however, I will reopen the application and will try to get in person interview date. There is no clear answer of the originals question so far!

I’m on the same boat, I filled the interview waiver questionnaire in the last week of December and the portal did not ask anything about prior visa expiration within 48 months and allowed for Dropbox eligibility. I was able to book the appointment on Jan 1 2024

My appointment date is April 1 2024, I’m not sure now if I have to stick with it or cancel and rebook an in person interview.

Any insights from your experience?

We have cancelled our drop box appointment and scheduled interview for April. For us that seems to be the best option rather than having uncertainties.

1 Like

I am in the same situation. My recent visa expired in 2019, I also didn’t get the 48-month question while I was looking for an appointment. Did anyone who didn’t meet the 48-month requirement try the drop box option, and get approval in 2024?

1 Like

Thanks for responding. Make sense as it’ll give peace of mind.

So, to book in person, did you end up canceling the existing Dropbox appointment and used the same application to book a new one? Or you have to start all over again?

I do not see anything in the portal that says change to in person appointment.

Yes.We have cancelled drop box appointment and started all over to book in person interview.
Once you start new application , the questionnaire will have question about your last stamped visa. Based on your answer, you will be able to select in person interview

Thanks for the information. I am also planning to do the same. To start a new application, did you sign up as a new user, or were you able to do it from your previous login? I canceled my current appointment, but I’m not able to find “cancel and start a new application” in my current login. Were you able to do it immediately? Also, did you have to pay a new fee for booking the in-person interview?

Trying to do the same, any insights on how to start new application after cancelling existing appointment with the current login in the portal?

For me, once I cancelled the drop box appointment, “cancel and start a new application” showed up in the options within 24hrs. I was able to use the same login. When you start a new application they ask the 48month question. I was able to reuse the drop box fees in the new application. Save the MRV receipt from the last appointment as a back up.

1 Like

Thank you so much, helps a lot.

Are the dates available for inperson interview when you looked in the month of April?

HI … I didnt get option for dropbox so i select OFC .But now I want to check if i am eligible or not .
My questions ,once I cancel appointment I didnt see option to have start new application .
How long it will take to see start new application ?