I had few queries / doubts regarding my H-1B transfer
Current situation as below
- H-1B Visa (Company A) on passport and I-94 (website/portal) valid till Feb-2022
- Company A filed my H-1B extension in Jan-2022 and got approval with I-94 attached to I-797 till Feb-2025
- Resigned from Company A and last working day is May 6th 2022
As of today, May 1st
- Accepted offer from Company B and provided required documents. They would be filing H-1B transfer (not yet started) in premium processing
- In parallel will be filing for H4 COS to be on safer side to be in “period of authorized stay”
Will Company B be able to file for H-1B transfer considering my last day of employment is very close May 6th ? Asking this if Company A withdraws my H-1B, will that cause an issue ?
Can 60 day grace period be valid if I have I-94 (Feb-2025) attached to I-797 from Company A although it is reflecting past date on website Feb-2022 ?
Appreciate your response