H1B Transfer H4 Visa with expired passport of dependent Son


I got an offer from a new company and they are going to do the H1B Transfer along with the [H4 EAD] Transfer for my wife and H4 dependent visa for son. All our current I-797 is valid till 2026. I have a valid passport and my wife has a valid passport as well. My son’s passport expired a couple of months back.

Question is can the new company do the H1B + H4 Transfer with my son’s expired passport? or Will I get an RFE for my visa transfer. I have already applied for a passport renewal and submitted my son’s old passport for renewal to the US Embassy in SFO and will get it after 3 weeks.

Any help in answering the questions are greatly appreciated

I would suggest to wait for the new passport to file his application.